Monday, May 6, 2013

Stay tuned for Blackberry Q10 Review

I was expecting to get my hands on a Blackberry Q10 last week in order to write my review on the Blackberry OS 10 and the Blackberry Q10.

Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands on a Blackberry Q10 last week but was informed that I should be able to test it this week (probably on Tuesday). With my Blackberry Bold 9700 starting to show its age (after having used it for ~5 years), I was looking for a "data phone" with a keyboard to replace it. Since there are only 2 major currently available phone operating systems with a keyboard (Android & Blackberry), I wanted to try my hands on a Blackberry Q10. The Android phones that I've seen with a keyboard seem to be preloaded with Android OS v2.x.

What I like about the Blackberry is the keyboard which is one of the reasons I purchased a Blackberry Bold 9700. Prior to using the Blackberry Bold 9700, I was using the Palm Treo line of phones (Treo 600, Treo 650, & Treo 680). The reason that I like a physical keyboard instead of an onscreen virtual keyboard is that I like the tactile feel of the keys under my fingers which in my opinion makes typing long messages, replying to e-mails, and posting comments a lot easier. Whereas I wouldn't have second thoughts about posting this particular blog entry using a phone with a real keyboard, I would hesitate in writing this particular blog entry on the virtual onscreen keyboards of my iPhone 3GS or my LG Nexus-4. Even though according to the reviews that I've read (and the people that I've asked) who have the Blackberry Z10, the Z10's onscreen virtual keyboard is better than any other phone manufacturer's onscreen virtual keyboard on the market today, I had no intention of getting a keyboard-less phone to replace my Blackberry Bold 9700.

Stay tuned for my Blackberry Q10 review which should be available next week or the week after depending on whether I decided to write a review on Blackberry OS 10 first.

If you have any questions on the Blackberry Q10 that you would like me to answer for next week's blog, please don't hesitate to leave them below in the comments section. Please note that all comments are moderated and any comment that contains a URL link (whether or not embedded) will automatically be flagged as being spam and will not be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment