Monday, July 15, 2013

LG Nexus-4 Likes

I wrote about what I liked regarding my Blackberry Q10 in last week's blog entry and a few blog entries prior to that I wrote about what I disliked about my Blackberry Q10. Since I wrote about what I disliked regarding my LG Nexus-4, now is the time to write about what I like about my LG Nexus-4.

I've been using my LG Nexus-4 for about 4 months and I've used a few Android phones in the past, however, as mentioned in my previous blog entries, my LG Nexus-4 was purchased as being an upgrade for my Samsung Nexus-S so my impressions of the LG Nexus-4 (likes/dislikes stems from this fact).

Before I go ahead with this, as stated in one of my previous blog entries, I just wanted to state that I'm not an Android fanboy nor am I an Android hater. As you can see from some of my other reviews on cellphones, I have/use many different phones and find things that I like about each of them and things that I don't like about each of them.

The first thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that it runs the stock Android version without any manufacturer bloatware/customization. This was one of the main reasons why I prefer the Nexus line of phones.

The second thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that it comes factory unlocked. Regardless of which carrier you purchase the LG Nexus-4 from or whether you purchase it directly from the Google store or whether or not you received a subsidy when you purchased the phone from the carrier, it comes factory unlocked.

The third thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that I find that it is fast. As mentioned, I purchased the LG Nexus-4 as an upgrade for my Samsung Nexus-S and the Samsung Nexus-S was starting to show its age by not being as responsive as necessary for a lot of the programs available for the AndroidOS.

The fourth thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that it is pentaband 3G (850/900/1700/1900/2100) and quadband 2G (850/900/1800/1900). I use my phone both in the US and Canada. While in the US, I use T-Mobile and using my LG Nexus-4, I have no problems getting 3G. While in Canada with Rogers/Fido/Bell/Telus, I can get the same 3G signal with the phone.

The fifth thing that I like about my LG Nexus-4 is that so far I haven't experienced any memory issues with the phone when installing my Android applications on it. With my Samsung Nexus-S, I would receive error messages regarding there not being enough memory to install the programs that I wanted onto it (I have a lot of applications installed on my Nexus-S). On my LG Nexus-4, I've installed the same number of applications without experiencing any memory issues (for the time being).

The sixth thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that it supports XBMC for Android and has no problems streaming the videos that I've selected.

The seventh thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that like all Android phones that I've used, it supports Internet calling via SIP. You can also program the phone to use SIP as opposed to the regular cellular network if you are connected to a wireless access point.

The eighth thing that I like (but this is due to the OS version of Android on it) is the face unlock ability. However, I've had to disable this since in order to get my work e-mail on an Android phone (such as the LG Nexus-4), one of the security features required is the disabling of the camera for the purpose of unlocking the phone.

The ninth thing that I like about the LG Nexus-4 is that I've been able to install all the apps that I haven't run into insufficient space issues when installing Android apps on it. I've installed a lot of Android applications on my LG Nexus-4. Including the default Android applications, I have over 100 applications installed on my LG Nexus-4. With my Samsung Nexus-S, I ran into memory/space issues even after transferring the Android application to the internal USB storage data memory. Including the default Android applications, I have about 65 applications installed on my Samsung Nexus-S and ran into memory/space issues forcing me to transfer some of the applications onto the internal USB storage data memory.

If you have any comments/questions regarding this blog entry, please don't hesitate to leave a comment in the comments section below. Please note that the comments are moderated and any comment containing a URL link (whether embedded or not) will automatically be flagged as spam and will not be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment