Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blackberry 10 System Update Available for 10.2

Blackberry released v10.2 for their Blackberry 10 phones recently and I decided to update my Blackberry Q10 a few days ago with their v10.2.0.424.

The size of the update was ~465MB. I didn't time the update but I did check it at the 1 hour mark and again at the 1 hour & 30 minute mark and my Blackberry Q10 was finished applying the update after 1 hour & 30 minutes and I received a message to reboot my phone.

During the installing/updating my Blackberry Q10 to v10.2, I kept my Blackberry Q10 connected to a power source (which I believe is a requirement for the upgrade to work). I didn't try it but if the installation/updating works without it being plugged into a power source, I wouldn't recommend it since if the Blackberry were to run out of power mid-install/upgrade, your Blackberry might no longer boot up.

The version of the OS that I had previously was Software Release 10.1.0.4181 (OS Version 10.1.0.4633).


The update process was a 2-step non-user prompted process (if you exclude the reboot step). The first step as shown by the snapshot below was the downloading process. The download connection speed that I was using during the upgrade process was ~2 Mbits/second.


After the update finished downloading, it automatically installed it without any user intervention.


As mentioned, I didn't exactly time the  process but checked my phone twice during the upgrade process and after 1 hour & 30 minutes, I received a message prompting me to reboot my phone. I rebooted my phone and it seemed to take longer to boot up than normally (although I didn't time it, I would say that it took maybe about 5 minutes). After the reboot process, there was a message on the phone that said "Preparing Blackberry Hub"

After ~1 minute of "Preparing Blackberry Hub", I was able to access the phone again and I obtained the screenshot below.




I then verified the version of Blackberry OS I had after the upgrade and I obtained the screenshot below:



If you have any comments/questions regarding this blog entry, please don't hesitate to leave a comment in the comments section below. Please note that the comments are moderated and any comment containing a URL link (whether embedded or not) will automatically be flagged as spam and will not be posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment