Monday, February 13, 2017

ZTE Axon 7 gets Nougat Update

Earlier this week when I turned on my ZTE Axon 7 phone, I noticed an update was pending. I took a look at what the update was all about and the information shown on the update screen informed me that it was the long awaited Nougat update.

Out of the other Android phones that I still use either occasionally or regularly (Nexus-4, OnePlus One, & BlackBerry Priv), my ZTE Axon 7 is the only phone to officially receive the update for Nougat. I decided to accept the update and after a seamless download/installation, my ZTE Axon 7 received Nougat (Android 7.0).

Daydream seems to have been enabled on my ZTE Axon 7 and I noticed that I was also able to install Netflix VR, Google VR Services, and YouTube VR onto my Axon 7. Unfortunately I don't have a VR headset yet so I have not been able to test it but this gives me more incentive to purchase a VR headset or try the Google Cardboard that I got last year.

I've used my Axon 7 intermittently this past week and I don't notice much of a change with Nougat installed on it. My daily driver phone is currently still my OnePlus One along with my BlackBerry Passport) so this might be one of the reasons why I don't notice much of a change with my Axon 7. I did test out the split screen and I don't see myself really using this feature on my phone. However, I can see myself using it more on a tablet size device but unfortunately none of my Android tablets have Nougat installed on them. After installing Nougat on my Axon 7, the menus appear slightly different but not different enough that they presented me any issues.

If you have any comments/questions regarding this blog entry, please don't hesitate to leave a comment in the comments section below. Please note that the comments are moderated and any comment containing a URL link (whether embedded or not) will automatically be flagged as spam and will not be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment